Monday, September 06, 2004

Postcards for kids

Hello everyone! No I didn't fall off the face of the earth. As alot of you know I homeschool. I have been very busy trying to get that all together for the school year to begin this week, well tomorrow actually. It is alot of preparing that I don't have alot of time to prepare for. LOL Anyway, this link above is something that we have got ourselves into for geography. It is really great. We trade postcards with families all over the US and in many parts of the world. If anyone out there homeschools this is something that can really get the children involved plus they love getting mail!
Another great geography lesson plan is something called the Flat Stanley or as the group that I joined is called Flat travelers. Here is the link to it:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/flat_travelers_homeschool It explains all about it. This is kind of like hosting a visitor in an envelope for a week and keeping a journal of the things you do and sending him/her back home. My kids have made a jaguar and a monkey and our friend made a possum. The jaguar and possum are on there way to Texas in the morning via slug mail. They are suppose to go on a field trip to Dinosuar Valley State Park, and a few other museums and such to learn about Indians and early settlers in Texas. Should be interesting stuff when we get them back. Cant wait! I am almost more excited than the kids. LOL
Aside from all this preparing for homeschool etc. I have been working my fingers to the bone literally. Ok, so maybe I wasn't working. I almost cut halfway through my thumb while I was cutting onions the other morning. Went through the fingernail and fortunately missed the bone. I don't know how. Looked just horrible. I wont gross you out with an awful picture!

Puppy is doing great and I will post a new picture of him. We have also adopted a Cockatoo. His name is Angel and that is just what he is. How anyone could be so mean to such a beautiful bird is beyond me. He is as sweet as can be. The people who had him bought an African grey and put this sweet bird in second place. WRONG! Anyway, the husband apparently threw him against a wall and broke his leg. Poor baby! He is all healed now and with us. Needless to say, he is a little skiddish around Bruce but I am sure that he will warm up to him as soon as he figures out that Bruce wouldn't hurt a fly. We think that Bruce might remind him of that man who broke his leg. (That man should have been put in jail!) I am sure that he will figure it out soon that Bruce is not that other man! We have only had him since yesturday so I don't want to frighten him by taking pictures of him now. When I feel he will be up to it I will post one of him. Well that is all for now. Take care all of you.

Post a Comment