Friday, August 12, 2005

Nick is officially enrolled in a virtual school.

This is the best thing that I have seen to come to Oregon for homeschoolers like us. I have a very busy schedule with housekeeping business, paper route once a week and trying to teach my children with some sort of a schedule that will be benificial, and personal bible study, meetings etc.! Boy, did I need this. They schedule, you fill in what you need time for, they adjust, you get a lesson plan, books, learning material, etc. and they have teachers there to grade papers or online work etc. Oh, and did I mention that this is FREEEEEEEEEE! Can you believe it?! I have never been so excited in my 10 years of homeschooling to have something so helpful as this. It is a charter school that is actually a virtual school. It is a public school that is done at home. I love it and we haven't even started yet.
All I know is that this last year trying to teach my son was a real trial. Mainly because of the hearing problems that he had that really delayed his learning; but also because of my schedule. It is crazy at times. But, I really feel that this is a blessing and that we will be able to do it with some adjustments in our schedule. I have already taken steps to change that. If you homeschool you need to try check this out. I know that many people will love it and many will not; because they don't want to have anything to do with public schools. But as for me, this is definitely the best thing to come along in quite a while.

Connections Academy
Post a Comment